Sometimes, a mistaken ingredient can make a dish rise and even fall.... This recipe is one that raised to the occasion. I'm part of a foodie group and one of the members posted a recipe of moong dal kichdi. I noted the recipe and then got sprouted moon instead of the dal!! uuufff.... terror struck, now what to do??? I used the same ingredients as the original one. Instead of a kichdi I made a wonderful Pulav...
What you would need:
- Rice - 1 1/2 cups
- Sprouts - 1/2 cup
- Corn kernels - 1/4 cup
- Onion - 2 chopped
- Cinnamon - 1 small stick
- Peppercorns - 8 - 10
- Cloves - 4
- Green chilies - 2
- Bay leaf - 1
- Ginger garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
- Dhaniya powder - 1/2 tsp
- Jeera powder - 1/2 tsp
- Ghee - 1 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Ghee / oil - 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves - to garnish
How to go about it:
- Heat ghee in a pan, add cinnamon, cloves, bay leaf, peppercorns, green chilies and roast for a minute.
- To this add onions and fry them until pink and aromatic. Now add the sprouts and corn together.
- To this mixture, add all the dry spices, ginger garlic and salt. Fry until well combined.
- Meanwhile, wash the rice and keep aside.
- To the sprout corn mixture, add enough water. I added 2 3/4 cups.
- Pressure cook as you would cook rice.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with raita.
Njoy with your loved one's