Thursday, May 14, 2015

Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix

Love is like swallowing hot chocolate
 before it has cooled off
It takes you by surprise at first, 
but keeps you warm for a long time……


Hot Chocolate is something that I love!!! A big fan I'm that any day any time would love to curl up with my cup and a wonderful book. 


The very first time I tasted Hot Chocolate was in a coffee shop named Barista in Chennai. Ever since, I always loved this warming drink. 

When I was expecting with my daughter, I used to have late night cravings of drinking Hot Chocolate that my loving husband would take me to Bakers Street in Pune and satisfy my craving. 

A Hot Chocolate and Baked Beans on Toast was all I needed to a content nights sleep...


So recently, my friend gifted me a store bought famous branded Hot Chocolate Powder that is quite expensive and will last only for few days. This made me to think why not make it at home. 


Researched a lot on different recipes and finally got down with my own proportions. The result was very very good mix that was very flavorful and cheap when compared to the store bought ones.


What you need:

  1. Bitter & Unsweetened Cocoa Powder - 1 cup
  2. Grated unsweetened Milk Chocolate/ Dark Chocolate - 100 grams
  3. Sugar (Granulated) - 1 cup
  4. Cornflour - 5 tsp 
  5. Salt - 3/4 tsp
  6. Vanilla Essence/ Beans (Optional) - 3/4 tsp
How to go about it:
  1. In a food processor/ a bowl (which ever available) mix all the ingredients mentioned and give a blitz. 
  2. The cornflour is to give a thick consistency to the drink. 
  3. Store this mix in an airtight container upto 2 months. Better to freeze this as freezing will retain the flavor.
Making Hot Chocolate:
  1. In a cup, add 2 tsps of the mix and add a little hot water and mix it together.
  2. Add Boiled milk and mix everything together. 
  3. You could top with Whipped Cream, add little chili powder or cinnamon powder to spice up the flavor.
Serve hot!!! with a nice book!!!

Njoy with your luved ones...

Luv...

Champa

No comments:

Post a Comment