Burger is one of my most favourites junk food!!! A big slosh of ketchup, a slice of cheese and crispy crunchy filling with a big can of cola.... Burrrrppp!!! It is all I need for a weekend dinner.
Burger Buns are soft, bouncy and should stay kaput when you bite into it. This was my first try and these came out perfect!!!
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Standing Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Makes: 4 buns
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Source: Gayathri's Cookspot
What would you need:
How to go about it:
- Flatten each ball and cover it again with a towel for another 30 minutes or until the dough has doubled.
- Pre - heat the oven at 200 C for 10 minutes.
- Now, place the tray in the oven and bake for about 15 - 25 minutes or until the top of the bun has turned golden brown. Once the buns are done, brush the top of the buns with some butter.
- Make burgers and enjoy...
Points to remember:
- If you are using Active Dry Yeast - use the same quantity as that of the Instant Yeast.
- If using an OTG place the baking tray in the centre rack while baking.
- Half way through baking, rotate the tray so that the heating is even.
- If you are using a convection oven, you can skip the step of rotating the sides of the tray.
Njoy with your loved ones...