Cottage Cheese (Paneer) is one versatile beauty!! I love it in every form. One of my friend's from a foodie group posted a recipe named Malai Makai Paneer. I loved it and wanted to do it. Today, made up my mind and wanted to line up the ingredients.
This is a wonderful accompaniment to Roti, Pulao. The creaminess of the gravy added with Paneer was just too yummylicious. I even tossed a spicy onion coriander salad to go with this snow whitey!!!
What you need:
- Paneer (Cottage Cheese) - 200 grams
- Cashew Nut Paste - 1 tbsp
- Onion - 2 medium sized, finely chopped
- Black Pepper & White Pepper Powder - 3 tsp
- Green Chilli Paste - 2 tsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 2 tsp
- Bay leaf - 2
- Cinnamon - 1/2" stick
- Green Cardamom - 2
- Fresh Cream - 2 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Sugar - a pinch
- Oil - 2 tbsp
How to go about it:
- Soak cashew nuts in boiling water for few minutes and make a fine paste and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add bay leaf, cardamom, cinnamon and stir for a few minutes.
- Add, onions and saute for few minutes, until they become translucent.
- Add green chilli paste, ginger garlic paste, cashew nut paste, both the pepper powders and fry in high heat for another few minutes.
- Now, add yogurt and whisk so that everything comes together and add water (about a cup) to adjust the consistency to a gravy.
- Add salt, sugar and fresh cream.
- Finally add paneer and serve.
You can serve this roti or a nice spicy pulao.
Njoy with your loved ones..