Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Garlic Mushrooms and Paneer

My mother - in - law have had (pas tense only) some wonderful cookbooks with her, until she found out that I can make a good use of them than her :) :) Many a time I would just keep looking at the images and the recipes, but seldom I would try. Either I don't have the ingredients or the time to do it. 

Yesterday, I was going through one such cookbook and this recipe was just easy and wonderful!!! So immediately I thought I should cook and click. 

The prep time for this is just 10 minutes and the cooking time just 15 minutes at the max. But the flavor is so wonderful. The layers of flavor that bursts in each bite is what I loved about this dish.


What you need:
  • Button Mushrooms - 200 grams quatered
  • Paneer - 200 grams cubed
  • Capsicum - 1 sliced length wise 
  • Peppercorns - 5 - 6 (crushed coarsely)
  • Red Chilies (Dried) - de seeded and cut into small pieces
  • Red chilly powder - 1 tsp
  • Oil - 2 tbsp
  • Sesame seeds - 2 1/2 tsp
  • Salt - to taste
  • Garlic - 3 - 5 pods crushed

How to go about it:
  • Heat a kadai and add oil. Once hot, add the sesame seeds and let them splutter. 
  • Now, add the garlic, dry red chilies, peppercorns and saute for 2 minutes. Do not let the garlic to turn brown.
  • Add the mushrooms and capsicum and saute for about 3 - 5 minutes. Keep stirring them until most of the water is evaporated.
  • Add the paneer cubes, salt and red chilly powder. Give it a quick stir. 
  • Serve hot with rotis or rice.

Njoy with your loved ones..

Luv...

Champa

No comments:

Post a Comment