Sunday, April 29, 2012

Dum Aloo (Baby Potatoes in Cashew Nut & Yoghurt Gravy)

Its Sunday!!!! holiday and jollyday...and time to try a new recipe....Last week, while buying veggies, (one of my favorite pass time!!) I saw a bag of small small baby potatoes. I like them any way, that too fried and spicy...wow I remember my mother a lot.


This Dum Dum Aloo, was a very very tasty recipe. Creamy, rich and just fantabulously gooey....
The minute I served this on the plate, my hubby licked and gave me a hi - fi. That says the taste is just perfect.
And trust me it just turned out sooper dooper.


You will need:


To Grind:

  • Yoghurt - 1 cup
  • Cloves - 2
  • Cinnamon - a small piece
  • Green Cardamom - 1
  • Black Cardamom - 1 (optional)
  • Ginger & Garlic Paste - 1/2 tsp
  • Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
  • Cashew nuts - 1/4 cup
To fry:
  • Baby Potatoes - 10 nos
  • Onion - 1/2 cup finely chopped
  • Salt - to taste
  • Bay leaf - 1
  • Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
  • Red Chilli Powder - 1/4 tsp
  • Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
  • Dhaniya Powder - 1/2 tsp
  • Kasuri Methi - 1/2 tsp
  • Oil - to fry
  • Sugar - pinch

How to go about it:
  • Grind all the items for the gravy and keep aside.
  • Boil the potatoes with a pinch of salt. Peel the skin.
  • In a pan, add oil. Add the potatoes and fry until crisp and keep aside.
  • In the same pan and oil, add bay leaf & onions and fry until they turn golden brown.
  • Add the ground paste and all the dry spices and keep stirring until oil separates from the gravy.
  • Add salt and sugar and then give a stir.
  • Finally add the baby potatoes and simmer for 2 mins.
  • Crush kasuri methi and serve hot with roti's or naan
Njoy with your loved ones....

Luv 

Sindhu.....