Friday, July 10, 2015

Banana Loaf

Baking has been my most favorite thing in the world!!! My first baking memory was with  my cousin Balaji in my grand mother's oven, which should be filled with sand and then baking to be done. I remember very well that cake was for my grand father's birthday and he was a vegetarian. So we sneaked in eggs into the kitchen without him knowing. 

We baked our very first Vanilla Sponge Cake in that oven and that was the day my love affair with baking started. I was 16 back then.


Ever since I always always loved baking. Then my father gifted a convection microwave to my mother. Seldom she used!! I was the one who loved making goodies in it. Once I got married, I got my dear oven to Pune. I baked a lot of goodies including a wonderful bread Challah Bread in it. And then disaster struck!! My oven conked off!! Refused to even heat up. 

There went all my baking fantasies with it. It has been four years!!



Ever since that fateful incident I missed my oven very badly. Every time I look at the wonderful pictures of my friends making cake and cookies, I used to so badly feel for an oven!! I sometimes used to ask my hubby for me to buy one, but some commitment would arise and my oven would go the back burner. 


Very patiently I waited. Then our fourth anniversary came!! My hubby showed a model of Bajaj Majesty 45 litre model and asked whether I wanted. Would I lose a chance?? I just said without hesitation that I want!!! I want!! I want!!! Phew!! big story is it not??

My beauty arrived and I was so confused what to bake. Two over ripe bananas were calling out for help!! None of us at home are going to eat, so bling went the bulb!! Banana Loaf came!! 

I have adapted this recipe from Nigella Lawson. 


What would you need:
  1. Maida - 2 cups
  2. Sugar - 3/4 cup (you could go upto 1 cup)
  3. Bananas - 2
  4. Baking Soda - 1 tsp
  5. Baking Powder - 1/2 tsp
  6. Milk - 3 tbsp
  7. Chocochips - 1/2 cup (optional)
  8. Eggs - 2
  9. Oil - 1/2 cup
  10. Vanilla Essence - 1/2 tsp
  11. Loaf Tin - 9"
How to go about it:
  1. Bring all the ingredients to room temperature. Pre heat the oven. Grease the loaf tin or cake tin with Parchment Paper or butter.
  2. Beat the oil, sugar together nicely first. Then add the eggs and beat until everything is combined well and looks pale.
  
   3. Now mash the bananas and keep aside. 


   4. Beat the mashed banana into the egg sugar oil mixture. Add the vanilla essence. Now, sift the              flour, baking powder and baking soda once. 
   5. Slowly sift the flour into the beaten liquid mixture in batches. I did it in 2 batches. Do not beat            the mixture now. Lightly fold the flour and let everything come together without lumps.

   
  6. Now, pour the batter into the loaf tin and top it with chocolate chips. Bake at 200 degrees for 50 -      60 minutes, until the top coating turns brown.

   7. Once done, cool it completely on a wire rack and cut into slices. Serve with Whipping Cream or          Ice Cream or just enjoy like that!!


Njoy with your loved ones..

Luv...

Champa

No comments:

Post a Comment