Dulce de Leche is an extremely sweet cooked condensed milk. I came to know about this sweetness through one of my friends from a foodie group. Easy to make and extremely addictive!!! I could not resist the temptation of licking every time I saw the condensed milk can.
Dulce de Leche can be used in many ways... As a topping, made into an ice cream, cheese cake, molten lava cake. But beware of the sugar content. You actually need not add any extra sugar to these desserts.
What you need:
- Condensed Milk Can - 1
- Pressure Cooker - 3 litre of 5 litre
How to go about it:
- Place the condensed milk can in the pressure cooker and fill the same with water. The can should be completely submerged in water.
- Lid on the cooker, let it be on high flame until 1 whistle. Once you get the first whistle, simmer the flame for the next 25 minutes. Switch off the flame after 25 minutes.
- Let the cooker cool down completely and then open it.
- Open the can only after it is cooled completely.
- Do not try opening the cooker and the can when they are hot!!! there is extreme pressure inside, that if you try opening, they might burst!!!
Njoy the finger licking madness!!!