Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Groundnut Crunch

This is one recipe that just came out of a blue. Last year, my  In - Laws visited us here in Pune and we had a wonderful time. So one day, when my m'il ( i already told u!! mil stands for mother in law) went grocery shopping, we got this big packet of groundnut.So long, I've been thinking that packets groundnuts can never be boiled. But that day, I gotta know that I can boil these too....So one night during dinner, we boiled these little brown pearls and the usual way of eating is just by adding salt.

Grab a bite!!!

But then, I thought why not try something new!!! So I made this up on my own....My ground nut crunch.A very fresh and crunchy munchy snack or salad....

You will need:

  • Ground nuts, boiled - 1 1/2 cup
  • Onion, finely chopped - 1 cup
  • Tomato, finely chopped - 1 cup
  • Coriander leaves - finely chopped
  • Salt - to taste
  • Red chilli powder -  1/4 to 1/2 tsp
How to go about it??
  • In a mixing bowl, add the groundnuts, onions and tomatoes and mix.
  • Add salt and red chilli powder and mix well.
  • Lastly, add the chopped coriander leaves.
  • You can even add chopped capsicums and a squeeze of lemon and serve chilled.
Njoy with your loved ones....


Luv, Sindhu....

2 comments:

  1. sindhu..try this with a lemon zinger or chaat masala (mdh or everest) sprinkled on top, topped with haldiram or bikaji aloo bhujiya.....like u sign off..njoy with ur loved ones:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Preethi...thanks for the comment... I'll surely try this combo...

      Delete