Sunday, April 1, 2012

Eggless Vanilla Cupcakes with Whipped Cream Frosting

I was searching for an egg less desert and landed up on this cupcake. Though, exactly I don't remember from which site I took this recipe, but I learnt one lesson. I should not follow recipes blindly, just because they are easy and have the tagline that we want. 


This one first I thought, is going to a disaster. But once i made little changes, it tasted very good. Little cupcakes with delicious frosting and tasted good. Why I'am not telling that these tasted great or even wonderful is because I'am still not satisfied. But yet I'am posting this recipe, because it's from mistakes that we all learn right??? Now let's get on to the recipe.


You will need:


  • 1 1/2 cups plain flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/3 cup oil
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 cup water
  • 2 tsp vinegar (white)

How to go about it??

  • Making cup cakes is the most easiest. And these little sweeties look so beautiful and they are interesting to decorate too.
  • The ingredients are basically divided into wet and dry.
  • First, preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C) and line your muffin trays with cup cake papers. These papers and trays will be available in any confectionery related store. I got my supplies from Viveka Essence Mart in Paris corner. 
  • Now whisk together, the sugar, oil, buttermilk vanilla extract.
  • Sieve together the flour, baking powder salt and baking soda. If you like you can add even cocoa powder to this. Take about 1/3 cup of cocoa powder.
  • Now, bring together the dry i.e flour mixture and the wet i.e. oil buttermilk mixture together and fold together to form a a dropping consistency without lumps.
  • Fill almost 1/2 to 3/4 th of the muffin papers and bake up to 25 mins. Allow them to cool completely.
  • For the Frosting,  I used a whipping cream powder, that is readily available and topped it with some chocolate strands. 



For melting moments, finish the icing and cool them in the refrigerator for sometime.....

Njoy with your loved ones....and let me know too....

Luv.... Sindhu

2 comments:

  1. hey i ve never heard of water in a cupcake before. They make the cake crumbly i ve heard. Surprised that you gt great cakes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be frank, this is the first time even I heard of water in cake!! I thought it was some kinda joke...but then, the cakes turned real good :) :)

      Delete