Friday, March 30, 2012

Carrot Purple Cabbage & Cauliflower Shorba

I promised that I'll post my first recipe this Sunday. But could not resist... So here's my first recipe. Though originally, its my MIL (m' in law) who told me about this soup, I added a few more vegetables to it and created my own soup.
Orange colour, will make your skin glitter!!!!
You will need:

It's just the two of here, so I used very little of veggies I had. 
  • Carrots
  • Purple Cabbage
  • Cauliflower
  • Salt - to taste
  • Pepper
  • Fresh Cream
You can start by:
  • Peel the skin of the carrot, cut into big chunks. Also shred the cabbage and cut the cauliflower.
  • Add all the veggies together is a vessel and pressure cook with a little salt until 3 whistles.
  • Cool the cooked veggies completely and blend them together.
  • Transfer the mixture to a pan, adjust salt and add pepper and let it heat up for few mins. Its not necessary to bring them to a boil, because they are already cooked.
  • Serve hot with a dab of fresh cream.
  • You can also add grated cheese, Paneer (Cottage Cheese), oregano to pep up your Shorba....
Njoy with your loved ones......

Luv, Sindhu.....

No comments:

Post a Comment