Friday, June 1, 2012

Grandmother's Green Apple Pickle

I love my grandmother. In tamil we address grannies as paati. And my paati is the best. Because she is such lovely person and so jovial and friendly.

She is very broadminded and strong willed. Our entire family is so crazy over her.

She is a wonderful cook and not just wonderful, but just amazing. I've seen her cooking and the way she takes so much care and love on that food itself makes it tasty.

This is one such recipe that she created when she visited the states. It's my favorite and the combination of spice and tangyness is mind blowing. I thought I should surely share with all of you.

Green Apples are really different to taste. They are not ripe in first place, juicy and very very tangy. Along with the red chilli and salt, the taste is sooper dooper hit!!

What you need
  1. Green Apples - 3
  2. Chilli powder - 2 - 3 tbsp
  3. Salt - to taste
  4. Oil - 5 tbsp
  5. Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
How to go about it
  1. Cut the apples in to small pieces.
  2. Add chilli powder and salt. But do not mix.
  3. Heat oil and add the mustard seeds and let them splutter.
  4. Pour this over the apples and mix thoroughly.
  5. Store in fry containers. 
Njoy with ur loved ones....

Luv

Sindhu 

No comments:

Post a Comment