Diwali is that time of the year when the entire family together have a wonderful time. Lots of sweets and goodies to savor!!! This year my entire family are together, so its double dhamaka for us!!!
I'm not a big sweet lover and I don't even try them fearing the intricacies in them. But off late I've started to make sweets since mu hubby loves to eat them.
So this is also my husbands favorite.... easy ingredients and easy procedure....
What you need:
- Besan - 1 cup
- Coconut - 1 cup
- Milk - 1 cup
- Ghee - 1 cup
- Sugar - 2.5 to 3 cups
How to go about it:
- Heat a heavy bottom kadai and dry roast the Besan until aromatic and keep aside.
- Grease a tray or a plate with ghee and keep aside.
- In the same pan, mix sugar, coconut, milk and heat for sometime.
- Now add the roasted besan and mix thoroughly without lumps.
- The entire mixture will be runny initially. Keep stirring continuously.
- This mixture will slowly thicken. Once it starts to thicken add the ghee little by little.
- You will see the mixture to froth up. This is the consistency that you need to watch out for.
- Once you reach this consistency, remove the pan off the kadai.
- Spread it off the plate and let it set for sometime and cut it into pieces.
Njoy with your loved ones...