Certain accompaniments are so popular that we love making them at home and relishing them. Kadai Paneer is one such accompaniment that I just love. The crispy vegetables along with soft paneer make a wonderful accompaniment for rotis, phulkas etc.
What you need:
- Paneer - 250 grams (cubed)
- Capsicum - 1 (cut into big square sized pieces)
- Onion - 1 (cut into big square sized pieces)
- Tomato - 1 (cut into big square sized pieces) & 1 (finely chopped)
- Ginger - 1/2' piece (grated)
- Garlic - 2 (grated)
- Coriander Seeds - 1 tbsp
- Kashmiri Chilies - 3
- Red Chilly Powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 3 tbsp
- Coriander Leaves - a fistful (for garnishing)
How ro go about it:
- Dry roast the kashmiri chilies and coriander seeds until aromatic and grind them together to an almost fine powder and keep aside.
- Add 1 tbsp oil and saute onions, capsicum, tomatoes and paneer and keep aside. These need to be cooked at them same time remain crisp. The bite in them gives a wonderful flavor.
- Now, add the remaining oil to a pan, once hot add the grated ginger and garlic. Saute them until the raw smell is off.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and saute them until mushy and oil should ooze out.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilly powder, salt and saute again.
- Add the ground chilly coriander powder and again saute well. The mixture would become dry and oil will come out of this.
- Add the sauteed paneer and vegetables, salt and garam masala. Give it a good stir, in a way that all the masala should be coated evenly on all the vegetables and paneer. If you feel its dry you can a bit of water and loosen it up.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot...
Njoy with your luved ones...