Evenings is the time of the day when we all crave for something spicy, bitey with our coffee or chai. Often we end up having fried stuff and finally feel guilty about gaining weight or having something unhealthy.
Masala Peanuts is a healthier version of snacking. They are spicy, baked and has protein rich peanuts. My Mr.'s favourite option of korichifying (to snack)
Makes: 1 cups of peanuts
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Prep. Time: 10 minutes
What would you need:
- Peanuts (Raw) - 1 cup
- Chickpea Flour (Besan/ Kadalai Maavu) - 3/4th of half cup
- Rice Flour (Arisi Maavu) - 2 - 3 tablespoons
- Red Chilli Powder - as per requirement
- Kashmiri Chilli Powder - 2 tsp
- Dhaniya Powder - 1 tsp
- Jeera Powder - 1 tsp
- Water - 2 tablespoons
- Oil - 5 tsp.
- Curry Leaves - a bunch
- Salt - to taste
- Parchment Paper/ Butter Paper - 1 sheet
How to go about it:
- Wash the peanuts and drain it completely. You can use the peanuts with the skin on or remove it too. Its your choice. The peanuts should be moist and not soggy.
- In a bowl add all the dry ingredients except water and oil.
- Now add the peanuts to the mixed dry ingredients.
- Add water little by little to form a tight dough.
- Meanwhile, pre heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes.
- Now, spread the mixed peanut onto a baking tray lined with parchment/ butter paper.
- Pour the oil over the peanuts and also add the curry leaves over them.
- Bake the peanuts for about 20 minutes.
- Once baked, let them rest until they are completely cooled. Please remember the peanuts will turn crispy after they are out of the oven.
Njoy with your luved ones...