Saturday, November 7, 2015

A Chocolate Truffle Cake (Eggless) and My 100th Post!!!

Blogging  has been a wonderful journey so far. It's been 4 years since I started and I've loved every moment of it. Though I was never active in the first few years, but once I became a stay at mother, I think I started doing it consistently.

A flashback is what I would like to share here this time..... Ever since I wanted to blog, I did not know what was it going to be about or how am I going to start. Then I stumbled upon this wonderful space called www.passionateaboutbaking.com


The blogger of this space is Deeba Rajpal. Her blog is like a picturesque village!!! Every picture speaks to you!! You feel like grabbing the food and gulping it down. Her food styling, photography and writing style made me fall in love with her. I never once commented on her blog posts, fearing what an amateur could say, but I always thought I could never ever tell anything of her picture because they were so perfect...


So looking at her blog, her pictures is what made me start my blog. I never wanted any fame from this blog, but being a food blogger and a passionate cook, I loved sharing my experiences with my friends and people who follow my blog. 

So today's post is entirely dedicated to my inspirer Deeba. My pictures are not even one drop close to hers, but I just love what I do!!! 


I took this recipe from her blog. It is a simple old fashioned chocolate cake. I made this into a chocolate truffle cake, as I love it!!!

The cake turned out moist and fluffy!!! I loved it totally!!! 


What would you need:

Makes: 2 8" cakes
Cooking Time: 35 - 40 minutes
Prep Time: 1 hour

Cake
  1. All purpose flour - 3 cups
  2. Sugar - 1 3/4 cup
  3. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder - 1/2 cup
  4. Baking Soda - 2 tsp
  5. Salt - 1 tsp
  6. Hot Water - 2 cups
  7. Vegetable Oil - 3/4 cup
  8. White Vinegar - 2 tbsp
  9. Vanilla Extract - 1 tbsp
Filling:
  1. Dark Chocolate - 200 grams (Chopped)
  2. Fresh Cream - 150 ml
How to go about it:
  • Line 2 8" tins with parchment paper or grease and dust the tins and keep aside.
  • In a bowl mix the flour, sugar, salt, cocoa powder, baking soda and whisk until everything is mixed. It is not necessary to use a hand blender. Keep this aside.
  • In another bowl, bring all the wet ingredients together i.e. oil, vinegar, vanilla extract and hot water. Whisk briskly until everything comes together.
  • Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes. 
  • While the oven is heating up. Mix both the wet and the dry ingredients together. Do not whisk hard. Just keep folding until everything comes together. If you have a few lumps it is alright. Do not worry about it.
  • Pour the batter equally into two cake tins and bake for about 35 - 40 minutes, depending on your oven. 
  • Cool the cake completely and then proceed to fill the cake with a filling of your choice.
Filling: Chocolate Ganache
  • In a sauce pan, add the chopped dark chocolate and the fresh cream. Heat it on a low flame and keep mixing until combined to a homogenous mixture.
  • Let it cool completely. It will thicken up as it cools.
  • Layer the cake with the ganache and refrigerate it.

Njoy with your loved ones...

Luv...

Champa

No comments:

Post a Comment