Saturday, July 21, 2012

Paneer Corn Korma

It's been a very longgggggg time since I uploaded anything on my blog!!! One reason I was on my honeymoon to a heaven on earth LEH & LADAKH. And got caught up with my work that I could not write on my blog at all!!

Now its time to start again.... The place we went was a heaven on earth and a place where you can meet wonderful and warm people.

I learnt a lot about their food, way of living etc that where so simple and yet charming.
Now, lets get down to business....

This is a korma recipe I stumbled upon in Tarladalal Blog and I really loved it....

So scroll down!!!!

You will need


To Grind

  1. Coconut - 1/4 cup
  2. Khus Khus -  2 tsp
  3. Green Chilli - 8 - 10
  4. Cashew Nuts - 8 
For the Gravy
  1. Onion - 3
  2. Tomato - 3
  3. Paneer - cubed
  4. Corn - 1 cup
  5. Chilli Powder - To taste
  6. Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
  7. Dhaniya Powder - 1/2  tsp
  8. Jeera Powder - 1/2 tsp
  9. Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
  10. Salt - To taste
  11. Oil - 3 tbsp

How to go about it
  1. Heat a kadai, dry roast the coconut and khus khus until fragrant.
  2. Once completely cooled, add the cashew nuts and green chilies and make it into a fine paste.
  3. Add oil and heat the kadai. Add onions (cut into quarters) and fry until golden brown. Cool them and grind it to a fine paste.
  4. Now, in a kadai, add oil and bring in the two ground pastes. Keep stirring because the gravy has a tendency to stick to the kadai.
  5. Add tomato and keep stirring. Now add all the dry masalas and corn and keep stirring.
  6. In a separate kadai, heat some oil and fry the paneer until its is crisp on the outside.
  7. To the gravy, add some water to the consistency you would want and bring it to a boil.
  8. Add paneer cubes and coriander. 
  9. Serve hot with roti, naan or rumali roti....
Njoy with your loved ones....

Luv
Sindhu

No comments:

Post a Comment