Paneer or Cottage Cheese makes wonderful sides for rotis and other Indian Breads. This recipe courtesy is one of my favorites Mr. Sanjeev Kapoor. Tastes great with Rumali Roti and Phulkas. The minute I saw this recipe on one of his shows on TV, I wanted to try it... and voila!!!!
It was so creamy and made a great accompaniment with super soft phulkas...
What you need:
- Paneer, Capsicum, Tomatoes, Onions - cut into julienne pieces
- Tomato Puree: puree from 2 - 3 tomatoes
- Jeera - 1/4 tsp
- Dry Spices:
- Red Chilli Powder
- Kashmiri Chilli Powder
- Jeera Powder
- Dhaniya Powder
- Garam Masala
How to do:
- Heat oil in a pan and add jeera. Let it splutter.
- Add the Onions and fry them until golden brown.
- Now add all the cut veggies and paneer and sate for few minutes.
- Add salt and all the dry spices expect the garam masala and fry until the raw smell evades.
- Pour in the tomato puree and saute for few more minutes.
- Add the garam masala and mix.
- Finally, add fresh cream and mix for another 2 minutes. You can also garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with Phulkas or any Indian Bread of your choice.
Njoy with your loved ones...