Childhood food memories are so fond that they are etched into our minds. In fact certain dishes are so lovely that when we recreate them, they take us back to that wonderful years we had as children.
These bondas were once made by my paati (grand mother) for us. Since then these are on my favorite list.
Simple ingredients, no grinding or soaking. The batter is ready in few minutes and the bonda's are done.
What you need:
- Maida - 1 1/2 cups
- Rice flour - 1/2 cup
- Sour yoghurt (preferable) - 1 cup
- Salt - to taste
- Sodium bi carbonate (Soda Salt/ Baking Soda) - 1 tsp
- Coconut - cut into small pieces
- Green Chilies - according to your preference
- Jeera - 1/4 tsp
- Curry Leaves - a bunch cut into small pieces
- Oil - for deep frying
How to go about it:
- In a bowl, add maida, rice flour, baking soda, salt, yoghurt and beat them well together. Let this mixture stand for about 30 minutes.
- Once the standing time is over, add the coconut, green chilies, jeera, curry leaves and very little water and beat this nicely, You should get a vada batter consistency. Beating the batter will help incorporating air and makes the bondas fluffier.
- Now, heat oil and take small sizes golu's and deep fry until golden brown.
- Pair these with coconut chutney or spicy tom chilli sauce.
Njoy with your loved one's