Have you heard about the famous Iyengar Bakery?? I think all of us have. Ever wondered why the name Iyengar Bakery came?? I'm still trying to find answers but in vain do not get it. I'm from Chennai and the wonderful city has so many small, aromatic bakeries of such kind.
These little bakeries served a wide varieties of goodies. Vanilla sponge cake, bread butter jam, cream bun. But the most wonderful of them all is the Sandwich that they made!!! This sandwich is so simple. But they tastes amazing....
They are always given in a neatly torn newspaper and with or without ketchup. They were cheap on your pockets and were out of this world.
I still remember the bakery near my school had these beauties for a price of Rs. 5/- per sandwich and this was our friend's gang weekend treat!!!
What you need:
This recipe serves 2. So you can make it according to your need.
- Onion - 1 small (Finely Chopped)
- Carrot - 1 small (Finely Grated)
- Coriander - a small bunch (Finely Chopped)
- Salt - to taste
- Chili Powder - to taste
- Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Bread Slices - 4
How to go about it:
- In a pan, heat oil. Add the onions and saute until pink.
- Add the grated carrots and saute until both come together.
- Add salt and all the dry spices. Mix well.
- Finally add coriander and keep aside.
- Toast the bread slices on both sides on a tawa. Fill in the onion carrot mixture and toast them once more for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot!!!
Njoy with your loved ones...